Friday, September 24, 2010

Pierce's Picks 2010 - Week 3

Last week, I managed to go 10-6, although for some reason I felt like I did much worse. Seemed like the games I was confident about were off and the ones I was shaky on panned out. Go figure.

That puts me at 21-11 on the season, which isn't too shabby so far.

I've been told that bold is a little hard to discern with white text on black background, so we'll mix it up this week and put the winning team in gold and see how that works. After all, gold is the color of the Saints and they are the reigning champions, so it seems fitting to pick winners in one of the Saints' colors, yes? Let me know!

I'm also including the win/loss records for teams starting this week.

Sunday at 1:00pm EST -
San Francisco (0-2) @ Kansas City (2-0)
Cleveland (0-2) @ Baltimore (1-1)
Dallas (0-2) @ Houston (2-0)
Detroit (0-2) @ Minnesota (0-2)
Buffalo (0-2) @ New England (1-1)
Atlanta (1-1) @ New Orleans (2-0)
Tennessee (1-1) @ NY Giants (1-1)
Pittsburgh (2-0) @ Tampa Bay (2-0)
Cincinnati (1-1) @ Carolina (0-2)

Sunday at 4:00pm EST -
Philadelphia (1-1) @ Jacksonville (1-1)
Washington (1-1) @ St. Louis (0-2)
Indianapolis (1-1) @ Denver (1-1)
Oakland (1-1) @ Arizona (1-1)
San Diego (1-1) @ Seattle (1-1)

Sunday Night -
NY Jets (1-1) @ Miami (2-0)

Monday Night -
Green Bay (2-0) @ Chicago (2-0)

A couple notes on these picks: Yes, I really do think Denver might beat Indianapolis at Mile High. I like the way the Broncos are playing and I think they can be legit. I'm low on the Colts this year, part Superbowl loser hangover, part because they're getting older and a bit slower. Yes, I really do think Detroit beats Minnesota. The Vikings are playing slow, uninspired football and I believe that's a bad recipe against a team that is playing hard and is very hungry for a victory. They'll throw the kitchen sink at Favre and he will eat some turf on Sunday.

Oh, and I'm picking 9 away teams to win. That obviously is not going to work, but what can I say, I have to go with the picks I'm feeling, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment