Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pierce's Picks - Week 5

I didn't have time last week to do a Recap, so I'll just leave it at this - I was a rough 7-7 again last week.

That puts me at 35-27 for the season.

Gold remains the color used to denote winners.

Sunday at 1:00pm EST -
Jacksonville (2-2) @ Buffalo (0-4)
Tampa Bay (2-1) @ Cincinnati (2-2)
Atlanta (3-1) @ Cleveland (1-3)
St. Louis (2-2) @ Detroit (0-4)
Kansas City (3-0) @ Indianapolis (2-2)
Green Bay (3-1) @ Washington (2-2)
Chicago (3-1) @ Carolina (0-4)
Denver (2-2) @ Baltimore (3-1)
NY Giants (2-2) @ Houston (3-1)

Sunday at 4:00pm EST -
New Orleans (3-1) @ Arizona (2-2)
San Diego (2-2) @ Oakland (1-3)
Tennessee (2-2) @ Dallas (1-2)

Sunday Night -
Philadelphia (2-2) @ San Francisco (0-4)

Monday Night -
Minnesota (1-2) @ NY Jets (3-1)

Byes -
Miami, New England, Pittsburgh, Seattle

So a couple words on my picks - I like Carolina to get an unlikely win against the Todd Collins Show; I don't like Chicago and I like them less without Cutler. I think San Francisco can beat the Kolb-led Eagles. Randy Moss adds a lot to the Vikings, but not enough to beat a team that's better at every position. If Kansas City were hosting Indianapolis, I'd be all over picking them to win... on that note, if you look at ESPN's Eliminator Challenge, 28% of participants are locked into the Colts beating the last unbeaten team... I'm not that confident in that pick, not by a longshot. I think Cincy is overrated and Tampa is underrated, plus I think most teams play with a boost coming out of their bye. The Lions have to win this week at home or I think all of their offseason momentum evaporates and it just becomes another ho-hum year of struggling to be mediocre.

No comments:

Post a Comment