Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pierce's Picks - Week 6

Ouuuuuuuuuuuch. 7-7 again last week. What a brutally unpredictable season it's been so far this year!

That puts me at 42-34 so far. That's drawing closer and closer to .500...

So here we go, winners in gold as always.

Sunday at 1:00pm EST -
Seattle (2-2) @ Chicago (4-1)
Baltimore (4-1) @ New England (3-1)
Detroit (1-4) @ NY Giants (3-2)
Atlanta (4-1) @ Philadelphia (3-2)
Cleveland (1-4) @ Pittsburgh (3-1)
Miami (2-2) @ Green Bay (3-2)
San Diego (2-3) @ St. Louis (2-3)
New Orleans (3-2) @ Tampa Bay (3-1)
Kansas City (3-1) @ Houston (3-2)

Sunday at 4:00pm EST -
Oakland (2-3) @ San Francisco (0-5)
NY Jets (4-1) @ Denver (2-3)
Dallas (1-3) @ Minnesota (1-3)

Sunday Night -
Indianapolis (3-2) @ Washington (3-2)

Monday Night -
Tennessee (3-2) @ Jacksonville (3-2)

I almost picked Minnesota over Dallas. Then a friend of mine reminded me of how the Vikings shamelessly ran up the score on Dallas in the playoffs last year... I see this game as serious retribution for the Cowboys and I see them winning it. As in life, as in sports - karma is a bitch. I want to believe in Denver at home, but I can't... I think Denver is a good team and Kyle Orton is playing out of his mind, but the Jets just look solid. I think the Patriots come off their bye without Moss and hit a win... Brady is no stranger to winning without a highlight receiver, but then again, those were in the glory days of the New England defense, too. Like Denver, I want to believe in Atlanta, but the Falcons have always been a better home team... if they're legit contenders, they win this game. I don't think they're there yet. The Giants seem to alternate good stretches with bad stretches and have won their last two decisively; I want to hope they'll drop one to the Lions, who need to end their road losing streak, but with Calvin Johnson likely out, I have trouble believing in the Honolulu Blue and Silver this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment