Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pierce's Picks - Week 11

Last week I went a respectable 10-4, improving me to 89-55 on the year.

We're done with bye weeks, so it's back to 16 games per week! Here we go, winners in gold as always.

Thursday Night -
Chicago (6-3) @ Miami (5-4)

Sunday at 1:00pm ET -
Buffalo (1-8) @ Cincinnati (2-7)
Detroit (2-7) @ Dallas (2-7)
Baltimore (6-3) @ Carolina (1-8)
Cleveland (3-6) @ Jacksonville (5-4)
Oakland (5-4) @ Pittsburgh (6-3)
Washington (4-5) @ Tennessee (5-4)
Arizona (3-6) @ Kansas City (5-4)
Green Bay (6-3) @ Minnesota (3-6)
Houston (4-5) @ NY Jets (7-2)

Sunday at 4:00pm ET -
Atlanta (7-2) @ St. Louis (4-5)
Tampa Bay (6-3) @ San Francisco (3-6)
Seattle (5-4) @ New Orleans (6-3)
Indianapolis (6-3) @ New England (7-2)

Sunday Night -
NY Giants (6-3) @ Philadelphia (6-3)

Monday Night -
Denver (3-6) @ San Diego (4-5)

Let's see. I still think it's safe to bet against the Vikings drama, especially against a rested division foe coming off a bye. The Lions are on the road, so if you need a survivor pick, Dallas looks good this week. Besides, if Jason Garrett's Cowboys are where the Lions 25-game road losing streak ends, believe me when I say Jerry Jones will not be his employer next year - I think Garrett knows it and his team wins. If the Seahawks can beat the Saints, I'll consider them legit, but I'm not really counting on it. I think the Giants come at the Eagles with everything they have after the embarrassing loss to Dallas. I'm also very interested in the Colts/Patriots game for the first time in a couple years, as both teams look good but flawed this season... this game tells us a lot about the winner. Can Atlanta beat a solid St. Louis team on the road? I still have doubts about the Falcons outside of their dome... and what about Kansas City? I think they bounce back after that Denver game and beat a mediocre Jacksonville team. Also, it's the latter half of the season, so here come the Chargers - don't let that crazy Denver win over Kansas City fool you into picking the Broncos on Monday Night. Oh, and don't be overly confident in Chicago or Miami against the other; when a new QB is under center for a team, anything can happen (the Bears will be watching film from 2008, of Kansas City, to study Tyler Thigpen). I like Chicago, but I wouldn't be surprised if Miami wins, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment