Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pierce's Picks - Week 12

Ahh, Thanksgiving. A hallowed time when it comes to football, particularly for Detroiters like me. For me, football is as entwined with Thanksgiving as turkey and family are. Football has happened in Detroit since 1934 and I think a lot of people don't realize what it means to us.

Last week I went 12-4, putting me at 101-59 on the year so far. Without further ado, on to the picks... Winners in gold.

Thanksgiving Day -
New England (8-2) @ Detroit (2-8)
New Orleans (7-3) @ Dallas (3-7)
Cincinnati (2-8) @ NY Jets (8-2)

Sunday at 1:00pm ET -
Green Bay (7-3) @ Atlanta (8-2)
Pittsburgh (7-3) @ Buffalo (2-8)
Carolina (1-9) @ Cleveland (3-7)
Jacksonville (6-4) @ NY Giants (6-4)
Minnesota (3-7) @ Washington (5-5)
Tennessee (5-5) @ Houston (4-6)

Sunday at 4:00pm ET -
Kansas City (6-4) @ Seattle (5-5)
Miami (5-5) @ Oakland (5-5)
Philadelphia (7-3) @ Chicago (7-3)
Tampa Bay (7-3) @ Baltimore (7-3)
St. Louis (4-6) @ Denver (3-7)

Sunday Night -
San Diego (5-5) @ Indianapolis (6-4)

Monday Night -
San Francisco (3-7) @ Arizona (3-7)

I'm biased - I'm picking Detroit and Dallas against my better judgment because I expect both teams to play better, play harder on Thanksgiving. Realistically, I expect one of them to pull the upset... but I'm not sure which.

A really remarkable slate of games this week. Lots of evenly-matched teams by record, although only two division matches - SF/ARI is almost irrelevant, except it's the NFC West, so who knows; TEN/HOU is important only because if Houston loses, they're pretty much done. I think they beat a Rusty Smith (is that his name?) led Titans team. San Diego has begun their usual mid-season resurrection and I expect it to continue against a very injured Colts team. GB/ATL is the most important game of the week to me - the winner may very well end up the #1-seed in the NFC... I like the Packers, but I don't pick against the Falcons at home. TB/BAL should be a very interesting game, as well... I'm also picking against the Vikings and Dolphins until they show me something to pick for. The Vikings may have changed coach (finally), but I still don't like Favre under center; he's been awful this year and I'm not sure how Leslie Frazier changes that.

No comments:

Post a Comment