Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pierce's Picks 2012 - NFL Week 4

7-9 again.  Sheesh.  Too much focus on baseball and hockey this past year, it would seem, has made me forget just how much can change in one football season.  This is a much more fluid sport we're talking about here, where one year can result in huge changes.

Here we go for week 4.  Winners in gold.

Thursday Night -
Cleveland (0-3) @ Baltimore (2-1)

Sunday Early -
Carolina (1-2) @ Atlanta (3-0)
New England (1-2) @ Buffalo (2-1)
Minnesota (2-1) @ Detroit (1-2)
San Diego (2-1) @ Kansas City (1-2)
Seattle (2-1) @ St. Louis (1-2)
San Francisco (2-1) @ NY Jets (2-1)
Tennessee (1-2) @ Houston (3-0)

Sunday Late -
Oakland (1-2) @ Denver (1-2)
Miami (1-2) @ Arizona (4-0)
Cincinnati (2-1) @ Jacksonville (1-2)
New Orleans (0-3) @ Green Bay (1-2)
Washington (1-2) @ Tampa Bay (1-2)

Sunday Night -
NY Giants (2-1) @ Philadelphia (2-1)

Monday Night -
Chicago (2-1) @ Dallas (2-1)

Baltimore and Cleveland is a pretty self-explanatory one, don't you think?  Baltimore might just be the best team in the AFC, although Houston might have something to say about that.

Speaking of best teams in a conference, Atlanta looks primed this year, while Carolina looks like an entire team experiencing a sophomore slump.  New England will likely destroy Buffalo after feeling robbed against Baltimore; but boy, wouldn't this game make an epic upset?  Something about the Patriots seems off, but I expect them to do their thing here.  As a Lions fan, I'm terrified of the Vikings game coming up - it's basically a must-win for the Lions, with their bye week afterwards.  The Vikings, however, look like the most complete and fundamentally sound team in the NFC North.  If this were in Minnesota, I'd take the Vikes, but I feel like a home game that's a must-win... gotta be the Lions, right?  I still don't like San Diego, but I do like Kansas City.  No reasoning here, really, but if Jamaal Charles has gotten going... well, yeah.  I like Seattle a lot, also, against a somewhat sound, but still mediocre Rams squad.  Likewise, San Francisco should reassert themselves after a shocking loss last week when they play the haphazard Jets this week.  Houston should keep pace as one of the top-2 teams in the AFC, also, when they roll the Titans up.

I'm still not sure how Oakland beat Pittsburgh, but I'll take Denver here.  It's at home, and Denver needs a win.  If it were in Oakland, hm.  But in Denver... well, at least for this week, I'll take Peyton in Denver over McFadden; but Oakland reads a lot like Kansas City - if McFadden is rolling, they can win.  I love Arizona's defense and expect them to trounce Miami based on that alone.  Cincinnati is a better team than Jacksonville; this game has potential for upset if MJD gets going, but I'll take the more complete team.  New Orleans and Green Bay are playing in the Crushed Expectations Bowl this weekend, and both teams desperately need the win.  I'll take the home team.  Whoever loses can basically write off this season.  I like Tampa against Washington also; RG3 is solid, but needs time yet, and that Tampa defense just looks might respectable.

Philly looks like a disaster to me.  How do they have two wins?  Giants on Sunday Night.

Same for Chicago, really.  They snuck by the Rams last week, but I just don't buy that team at all.  I think Dallas does a number on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment